- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Generally have 12+ years of experience.
At this level, the project manager will organize and lead projects which are larger in terms of complexity and scope, or manage multiple projects which are smaller in terms of complexity and scope (with oversight from PIC).
The project manager works with owners and directs employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken and that work is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with the design intent and contract deliverables. The project manager will participate in office-wide initiatives aimed at improving or impacting practice, business operations or business development. The project managerâ€™s skills and expertise will provide a resource for guidance for other projects and managers in the office.
SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the cityâ€™s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the San Francisco Bay Area where we service Silicon Valley and other California clients.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development.
The SERA Workplace team enables businesses and organizations to transform their vision, culture and objectives into purposeful built environments. Our design team employs planning frameworks and outcome-based design strategies to maximize value in real estate solutions for sustainable design, interior environmental quality and space planning principles. We create visually and spatially compelling places that engage the workforce and create a rich cultural experience.
Our Workplace team brings diverse professional skills in architecture, interior design and engineering to create solutions that enrich human health, performance and happiness for both local and global organizations. The work ishigh performance,high velocity,andhighly collaborative.Our teams achieve their highest performance as integrated teams with owners and builders.
Job Title: Architectural Project Manager
Supervisor: Studio Leader / PIC
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and review the work of entire project teams. This includes the mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Build internal and external project team with skills/interests suited to the needs of the project.
- Define the unique goals and objectives required by the client and project team and the decision-making strategies and success metrics used to validate them.
- Prepare contracts and negotiations with oversight on unique issues.
- Prioritize goals, scope, and tasks to meet client needs and use teams effectively.
- Develop, articulate, define and execute the project scope, fees, and proposals for a wide variety of projects.
- Negotiate consultantâ€™s scope, schedule and fees.
- Proactively communicate staffing needs and changes with staffing director/studio leaders.
- Proactively, organize and execute selected marketing and business development opportunities
- Work with PIC to ensure positive financial performance and manage risk exposure for the firm.
- Keep abreast of and understand national trends in the A/E/C industry and how they apply to SERA culture, practices and processes.
- Keep abreast of and understand influences impacting SERA clients.
- Foster team morale, both internal and external while creating a collaborative team environment.
- Identify and leverage core skills and areas of interest for staff, providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Confirm that project goals are carried out and reinforced through design, technical, and cost decisions, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to ensure project meets office standards for design, documentation, technical performance, Revit, and graphics.
- Manage changes in scope, schedule and fee throughout the project to ensure project success. Additional
- Participate in the interview process for hiring new staff.
- Participate in employee review process for all team members.
- Participate in updates to standards, processes, and project delivery at SERA.
- Participation in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- Monitor construction administration during construction phase.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Masterâ€™s degree from an accredited program.
- Architectural License is preferred.
- Generally have 12+ years of experience.
- LEED AP Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Established knowledge of accounting and project management software.
- Possesses knowledge of the OSSC/ ADAAG and possesses the ability to achieve the intent of the code through variances and appeals.
- Possesses knowledge of drawing and production software (understanding of capabilities, requirements, and impact on project documentation strategy).
- Advanced ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Established knowledge of available tools.
- Advanced ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Advanced critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to a problem independently.
- Advanced professional judgment and decision making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Advanced leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
- Advanced skills necessary to resolve conflicts within project teams.
- Advanced ability to negotiate with and/ or advocate for team members, consultants, clients, jurisdictions for the benefit of SERA and the project.
- Strong knowledge of design, construction systems, sustainability, project delivery methodologies (IPD), material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
About the company