- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Paul
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Primary Job Function
- Assemble heart valves in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measuring equipment, microscopes and test fixtures
- Participate in meetings as requested
- Work with peers, trainer, supervisor, and engineers to resolve line issues and suggest improvements
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attire and adherence to clean room environment practices and procedures
- Maintain accurate documentation records related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects
- Adhere to and support general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR and FDA regulations
- Proficient in basic assembly procedures
- Build and evaluate prototype components and devices
Core Job ResponsibilitiesRole is primarily responsible for Operational project planning implementation, valve process planning feedback, and manufacturing testing standards review and compliance. Valve Specialists are responsible for ensuring the tissue, stent, and all compliant valve materials used in Tendyne’s end product, successfully meet all planning based on design, testing, verification, validation for new and existing products, and support of team members.
The Valve Specialist and this team is responsible for reporting results to the management team, team members, and any investigative auditors regarding issues that could impact the quality, efficacy or safety of the product.
Position Accountability / ScopeTendyne’s Valve Specialist reports to the Production Supervisor and is responsible for valve manufacturing standards and methods, valve processing for the company, and all tissue needs for the team.
Minimum EducationH.S. Diploma or equivalent
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States Minnesota St. Paul Woodridge : 177 East County Rd B
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.