- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB SUMMARY In this job you will work on the assembly and sub-assembly of TripSaver II. You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous production activity, and must meet requirements within time constraints. Tasks require a mechanical assembly aptitude, a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hand and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion. This job requires constant attention to detail, good oral and written communication skills, and good problem-solving skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of simple material handling equipment, hand tools and air-impact tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches.
- Perform complex and precision subassemblies at various steps throughout the assembly process.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections using various simple gauges and measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and resistance meters.
- Packing of finished product into cardboard boxes for shipment. To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to follow standard work including specific written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to perform complex and precise subassemblies
- Ability to use air-impact tools and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to use basic math. Relevant Work Experience:
One year of experience in mechanical assembly. Candidates with electrical or mechanical trade school education (e.g. Coyne American Institute) may also be considered.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking and sitting.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 1 lb. to 28 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (Less than 1/8 mile).
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of parts ranging in weight from 1 lb. to 28 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of assemblies and piece part containers ranging in weight from 10 lbs. to 28 lbs.
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of assemblies and piece part containers ranging in weight from 10 lbs. to 28 lbs.
- Bending: Occasional bending required to perform a variety of tasks.
- Reaching: Frequent reaching to load and unload parts from work area to skid.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 1 lb. to 28 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.
Number of Openings: 1.00
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Classification: Full Time
Core Working Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching, protection, and control products for electric power transmission and distribution. S&C has global offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, the UK, and Australia.
S&C continues to advance new solutions for electric power delivery systems as the electric grid undergoes transformative changes in the 21st century. Utilities are working to integrate renewable energy sources, address peak loading issues, and manage the needs of electric vehicles. Looking at an increasingly complex and dynamic grid, S&C is working closely with it's electric utility customers to understand their electric grids and business challenges they face – then innovating solutions to address their power-delivery challenges.
Additionally, S&C offers a wide range of engineering, laboratory, testing, and field services for electric utilities and commercial and industrial power systems.
Thank you for your interest in S&C Electric Company. S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see.
About the company