- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Reference #196048BRYour role
Are you passionate about innovation in the Investment industry? Have you driven strategic efforts in platform transformation for Trading and Investments? Are you interested in being part of a team at one of the leading Asset Manager within the industry?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
- lead the trading IT estate in UBS Asset Management, an integral part of our investment process, consisting of multiple OMS and EMS systems and through which we manage a multi-trillion dollar book of trading.
- run a large and globally deployed team, manage their work and performance, motivating them to provide their best work, assess their performances, and hire more resources into the team as the team size changes.
- drive day to day application development and technology operations of the trading estate, ensuring smooth operation of UBS AM trading operations via IT systems.
- manage the software delivery process and provide technical and architectural guidance to the application development, infrastructure and Support teams.
- partner with Investment managers, Traders and Operations teams to drive platform transformation initiatives. In particular UBS is embarking upon an ambitious upgrade of its Trading platform, which might involve estate rationalization, new OMS/EMS deployment, and creation of modern middleware for Enterprise Integration.
- understand current operating model and define target operating model (platform, data, operations) in partnership with Trading, CDO and IT teams.
- provide thought leadership in automating order pipeline through configurable rules framework.
- define project framework to meet critical near term and regulatory needs, along with programs to accomplish the target operating model.
- define business requirements and drive technology architecture in partnership with IT to achieve project goals
- evaluate hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems in partnership with IT.
- aside from a specialization in Trading, the person is expected to have strong industry experience, broad understanding of investments value chain – research, portfolio construction, optimization, trading and execution.
You will work within UBS Asset Management IT, Portfolio Management & Trading team, created for providing technology solutions, platforms and services in support of Front Office, Research, Portfolio Management, Trading and Risk Management functions in UBS Asset Management.
- bachelor’s degree plus 15+ years of diverse experience in the Investment/Financial industry, with 10+ years towards delivering technology initiatives at large multi-business unit organizations
- direct experience developing technology strategy and systems design in financial services and specifically in trade execution and order generation
- experience in selecting, architecting, integration and deploying industry standard OMS and EMS systems such as CRD, SimCorp, EzeCastle, Longview, Flextrade etc. is a must have for this role, preferably in trading shops with substantial volumes
- experienced in use of analytics in support of transaction cost analysis, pre and post trade analysis, trading optimization
- proven track record in delivering change on a large scale within financial service
- strong business change experience and business acumen
- strong technology application development, architecture and management experience, in particular within large financial services firms
- a knowledge of Enterprise integration Patterns using .NET or J2EE platforms is a must have, as is a knowledge of modern SOA and micro-services oriented architecture
- a history of hands on development in Java, C#, C++ or Python is a must have. A knowledge of Python as an additional language is a strong plus
- knowledge of DevSecOps, Cloud Deployment, Native Cloud development a big plus
- excellent communication skills to work with diverse stakeholders and drive decision making
- excellent interpersonal skills to work with other data domain specialist, IT and functional heads
- maturity to participate in multiple complex programs at the same time in an agile environment
- attention to detail and experience with forecasting and budget management
- able to work with teams in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- hands-on and solution driven, with ability to provide tactical solutions and deliver strategic capability for various needs
- able to explain technical designs to non-technical colleagues
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce
- ms project