- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
The Assignment Planning Editor is responsible for arranging and coordinating news content. This position will report to the Lead Assignments Editor.
Arrange and coordinate news content and interviews for producers, VJ’s, newscasts and other news programs.
Be the station contact person for community communications
Coordinate and assist video journalists
Collaborate with producers and crew to establish live shots location, and other news content as needed
Work closely with producers, Executive Producer, and Assistant News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination
Monitors police radios for possible news stories and news sources
Answer and respond to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication methods
Research and organize details and facts on story ideas, upcoming news events, etc
Update and assist in providing content to all station’s digital news platforms
Must be willing to work weekends,
Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
At least 2 years’ experience as an Assignment Editor.
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on short notice.
Must be willing to work in Houston area.
Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to react quickly and urgently to breaking news
• Prior experience at an assignment desk.
• Experience in local news coverage.
• Strong resources and contacts in the community
• Experience with databases and computer assisted research
• Solid news judgment and awareness of local and national news.
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions and act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to assign, direct and supervise broadcast news coverage.
• Strong research skills.
• Must be familiar with newsroom computer systems, (i.e., iNews, ENPS, Dalet, et at)
• Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to work long hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
• Ability to establish community and news contacts
• Operational knowledge of computer newsroom systems and Internet.
• Great phone etiquette, organizational skills, news judgment
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking (bilingual English-Spanish preferred)
• Good overall knowledge of the Houston DMA and Hispanic community
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - TLM KTMD
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Network Group LLC is a U.S. Spanish-language television network committed to broadcast unique and outstanding national and local entertainment, news and sports programming to the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic audience. Telemundo targets this growing and vibrant audience by delivering the best in Latino entertainment. The network's schedule features a wide range of original programming, including novelas, talk shows, original sitcoms, sports and news, children's programming, blockbuster movies, reality, entertainment and music programs. Telemundo Communications Group, Inc. is an operating subsidiary of NBC Universal, the nation's leading broadcast network and film. NBC Universal is an equal opportunity employer.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.