- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
So you want to change the world? As a WDT Citizenship assistant, you will be part of the team that strives to do that every day! Through the amazing reach of the multitude of brands of WDT and TWDC, we are able to execute campaigns that bring attention to important social issues. As this is a small team, you will be given access to the strategy behind the campaigns and will participate in the planning and execution of several projects.
The purpose of the Assistant, Corporate Social Responsibility is to support the segment’s charitable giving, prosocial campaigns, and employee VoluntEAR projects as well as provide administrative support for the Executive Director of Corporate Citizenship. This role has oversight of the Contributions Management System (CMS), including the processes, policies, compliance, documentation, budgeting and reporting in all facets of contribution management. The person in this role will focus on aligning charitable giving and other prosocial activities with the business and brand objectives of Walt Disney Television (WDT), as well as the Corporate Citizenship strategy of The Walt Disney Company, to fully leverage all available resources for maximum impact.
This position will report to Executive Director, Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Help activate WDT prosocial campaigns
- Vet on-air charitable mentions for news and network shows to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines
- Oversee the flow of charitable requests (internal and external) that come to WDT
- Vet and manage donation requests on behalf of the segment and key partners
- Provide recommendations of donation levels, both in-kind and cash-based, on giving history
- Process invitations and ticketing for sponsored charitable events as-needed
- Oversee ad creation for various charitable events and obtain necessary leadership approvals
- Identify ways to promote business priorities with philanthropic or cause-based activations by creating tactics, campaigns, or content integration opportunities
- Communicate with the nonprofit partners
- Process and fulfill all contributions across the segment in the online grant system. Ensure legal compliance.
- Oversee ticketing process from initial approval to final delivery for various LA and NY based shows
- Track the WDT Corporate Citizenship budget and make funding recommendations based on budget, procedures and historical spending
- Compile and disseminate weekly status reports for staff meetings
- Send campaign materials to partners (both internal and external) such as PSAs, one-sheets, and campaign toolkits
- Liaise with WDT Internal Communications (IC) to integrate WDT’s prosocial efforts into IC editorial content and events.
- Oversee daily calendar for Executive Director, WDT Corporate Citizenship
- Assist with meeting creation, rescheduling and any necessary follow up
- Prepare all necessary administrative materials such as agendas, daily calendar overviews, etc.
- Check daily voicemails and manage phone calls
- Provide instructions and directions for on-site guests
- Create and submit expenses reports, supply orders and facilities requests
- Book and manage travel logistics including agendas, event details, flights, cars, etc.
- Create and manage contact
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 1 year or more in an administrative role and/or equivalent experience;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and working in a Windows environment;
- Proficiency in Keynote and working in a Mac environment;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Confidence to learn new programs such as SAP, SharePoint and Concur;
- Reliability handling confidential information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- A positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Required Education :
- High school diploma
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information :
Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!