- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $51,582.00 - $66,616.00 gross per year
- Responsible for the management and oversight of Central Classification staff to include Classification Branch Chiefs, Central Classification program coordinators and Institutional Classification staff.
- Manage the Designated Facility Program, Labor Crew/Work Program, Contracted Labor Crews, Interstate Corrections Compact, Separation/Cautions, International Prisoner Transfer Program, Restrictive Housing Unit,Medical Furlough Program, Court/Institutional transfers and Bedspace Management.
- Develop and oversee statewide block training for Classification staff.
- Develop and monitor special related projects.
- Develop and maintain procedures for analysis and evaluation of program effectiveness.
Mustsuccessfully complete SCDCBasic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South CarolinaMinimumRequirements:
A Bachelor's Degree and relevant program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years responsible management experience to include two (2) years of inmate classification management experience;
- An Associate's Degree and seven (7) years responsible administrative management experience to include three (3) years inmate classification experience;
- A High School Diploma and nine (9) years responsible administrative management experience to include four (4) years inmate classification experience.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources