- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALIFORNIA US
Assistant Director, Graduate Business Recruiting and AdmissionsPosting #: 1917
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Business, Administrator
Position Title & Department:
Assistant Director, Graduate Business Recruiting and Admissions; School of BusinessPosting #1917
Department Description:Our degree programs have achieved the highest level of international recognition by being fully accredited by AACSB International. The USD School of Business has also been ranked among the top graduate and undergraduate business schools in the United States and the world.
University Description:The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Detailed Description:The Assistant Director of Graduate Business Recruiting and Admissions is responsible for recruiting and supporting candidates during the full life cycle of recruiting and admissions processes for School of Business graduate programs. This includes but is not limited to overseeing the initial outreach and communication process with prospective students and maintaining correspondence with admitted students until they’ve been formally enrolled. The Assistant Director will also manage the marketing and implementation of recruiting events and initiatives and serves as a liaison with multiple graduate student offices and affiliations within the School of Business and university. They will also greatly assist in meeting or exceeding enrollment goals of various graduate business programs and will be required to travel domestically and international for student recruitment purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Recruitment, Marketing and Outreach
- Is the primary point of contact for assigned programs and provides regular updates on recruiting and admissions progress to the Senior Director of Graduate Student Recruiting and Admissions
- Develops communication channels and maintains relationships with prospective students
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies for assigned programs and systematically reviews the strategies for process improvement
- Uses CRM system (Salesforce) extensively to track prospective student and applicant data; analyzes and reports data to Senior Director on a regular basis
- Creates e-mail campaigns and other marketing materials as needed to help promote recruiting events and initiatives
- Participates in local and national graduate business recruiting events
- Plans and executes recruiting events as required on and off campus
- Manages prospective student visits to campus/classes
- Provides feedback about various marketing initiatives to the Senior Director of Graduate Student Recruiting and Admissions and the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Works closely with and may be responsible for supervision of Graduate Assistants to engage them in recruiting efforts
- Collaborates with Graduate Student Services, Office of Career Development, Alumni Relations Personnel and graduate student associations at the School of Business in recruiting initiatives as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Reviews applications and conduct admissions interviews
- Assists with data collection and reporting for accreditation, marketing and rankings
- Supports applicants throughout the admissions process
- Develops and implements yield initiatives for admitted students
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of work experience in higher education or relevant industry, or
- Master’s degree and two years of work experience in higher education or relevant industry
- Customer-focused personality, high energy, and ability to interact with students, faculty and staff, and alumni.
- Master’s degree
- Four or more years of work experience in higher education or relevant industry
- Proven ability and experience working with graduate student populations
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (e.g. early morning, evening, weekends), as necessary
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally for extended periods on occasion
- Experience with program planning/administration;
- Experience with CRM systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, strong sense of initiative and accountability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (web-based technology and marketing/design software)
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement:
- Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Posting Salary:Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details:Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday -Friday, 8:30am-5pm (some nights and weekends)
Closing date: November 22, 2019
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: November 08, 2019 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: November 22, 2019 Pacific Standard Time