- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title:Assistant Director of Housing OperationsPosition Number:002073Full-time or Part-time:Full TimeDepartment:Residence LifePosting Number:0401302SHRA/EHRA:EHRA (Non-Faculty) Job Category:ProfessionalHiring Range:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency:EHRADescription of primary duties and responsibilities:Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Department of Residence Life works diligently to provide a comfortable and safe environment structured to enhance the academic climate at FSU. The department provides efficient and effective programs that integrate education and out of class learning, while promoting opportunities for leadership, citizenship and campus involvement.
The Department of Residence Life is responsible for the management of several categories of facilities, all designed to provide on campus housing for approximately 1600 students. The department has an administrative unit that orchestrates daily operations, student services, financial records, personnel matters, facility enhancement, safety and emergency management.
Description of Work Continued:Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Assistant Director of Housing Operations (Administration) will be responsible for assisting in formulating, interpreting and implementing housing policies that support the educational and programmatic aspects of the residential community, managing community teams, overseeing facility logistics, supporting university and department housing recruitment efforts and coordinating student room assignments. This position is considered a member of the Departmental Leadership Team and reports to the Director of Residence Life. Considered essential personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Assistant Director is responsible for working with the staff in assigned residential communities to ensure that administrative and operational procedures in assigned residential communities are well managed.
• Sets goals for assigned staff members to be used for planning, direction
• Develops and conducts staff development programs for professional and paraprofessional staff members
• Generates administrative reports, evaluates assessment data and conducts housing research as needed
• Enforces and supports all university departmental policies and regulations
• Directs all functions of the department’s assignments process and
maintains accurate room occupancy data for the residence halls
• Coordinates and facilitates the administration of the room/hall selection
• Ensures workshops and programs are provided that foster
understanding of the housing assignments process
• Assists with the coordination of special interest housing programs in the
•Assists with the following: special interest or theme housing, assessment,
social and recognition programs for all departmental staff, academic liaison
and partnerships, and the Residence Hall
• Coordinates and assists in the housing operations of the university’s judicial
process for students living in residence halls
• Processes student request for termination of their housing contract
•Performs duties related to summer conference housing, summer school
housing, and or freshman orientation programs during the summer months
• Assist with campus-wide event staffing including Orientation, Admission Open Houses, etc.
• Along with other department leaders, attends evening community meetings and student leadership meetings/events as scheduled
• Investigates and responds to concerns and complaints of students, parents,
university staff members, and others in a manner that provides accurate
information and fosters good public relations.
• Serves on assigned departmental committees and represents Residence
Life on campus wide committees
• Represents the department and collaborates with other division and
•Maintains daily office hours and projects a high degree of visibility and
availability to all staff members
• Provides On Call crisis intervention with full decisions-making authority
• Performs other duties assigned by Director of Residence Life
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:-A Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or College Student Development or related degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive track record with experience and strong knowledge in administration, management, logistics other relevant experience. Experience in an academic environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing student leaders is required.
- Understanding of issues of diversity; demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in promoting respect and appreciation for diversity and pluralism among students and staff required.
- Ability to utilize technology in the delivery of student programs.
- Strong organizational, administrative and management skills.
Knowledge skills and abilities:Knowledge and/or experience using Banner, THD (The Housing Director) or related housing software management program.
Understanding of issues of diversity; demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in promoting respect and appreciation for diversity and pluralism among students and staff required.
Ability to utilize technology in the delivery of student programs.
Strong organizational, administrative and management skills
Preferred Qualifications:Prior experience in a residential management setting is strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Closing Date:Open Until Filled:YesAdditional Information for ApplicantsAll new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
EEO Statement:This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Veteran's StatementFayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a master's degree in business, marketing, hospitality, college student personnel, higher education administration, college student development or related degree?
- * Do you possess five or more years progressive program management experience with a strong knowledge of team leadership, administration, and data assessment?
- * Do you possess experience in campus housing or business services?
Optional & Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- public relations