- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $51,582.00 - $66,616.00 gross per year
- Position serves as Assistant Division Director of Classification and Inmate Records
- Manages the male and female reception and evaluation centers (includes Lieber and Perry intake process)
- Oversees the intake processing areas, operations section, fingerprint, institution classification and assessment section of the R & E
- Manages the uniform custody staff and medical and mental health sections
- Ensures sentencing sheets and commitment documents are accurately entered for approximately 650 monthly intakes
- Supervises the medical and mental health testing process for the Reception and Evaluation Center
- Monitors the transfer and intake process to ensure the diagnostic process is completed within the established timeline
- Coordinates the institutional operation section
- Serves on various institutional and division meetings as needed
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A Bachelor's Degree and relevant program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the division of state human resources).
SCDC Minimum Requiremnts:
A Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years responsible management experience to include two (2) years of inmate classification management experience;
An Associate's Degree and seven (7) years responsible administrative management experience to include three (3) years inmate classification experience;
A High School Diploma and nine (9) years responsible administrative management experience to include four (4) years inmate classification experience.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources