- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES
Assistant Executive StewardEvery memorable dining experience atFairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Food &Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Share your passionfor quality, safety and service with your team as AssistantExecutive Steward,where you will ensure a superior standard for all flatware, tableware andkitchen equipment in support of our Culinary and Banquets teams.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza’s collection ofworld-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands theFairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionariesdesign and service. Century Plaza’s unparalleled team of designers havetransformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of 21st-centurycity living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpass theexpectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 millionsquare feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City just nextdoor. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa addvitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to theExecutive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but arenot limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactiveguest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead the Stewarding team in all aspects of thedepartment and ensure standards are followed
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Schedule all Stewarding Colleagues and Supervisors
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchenequipment and other areas assigned
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure proper set-upis in place
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are taken out ofcirculation and inventoried
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report anyitems in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and servicestandards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Training and development of the stewarding members withemphasis on team leads, proper sanitation, storage of chemicals and bestpractices/cleaning methods
- In conjunction with other leaders, the AssistantExecutive Steward will ensure the back of house spaces are maintained andin optimum condition daily
- Strives to advance knowledge, skills and abilities andconsistently shares same with others
- Instrumental in running a department that meets Health& Safety committee objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs andramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility tobe employed in the United States of America.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!