- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £28,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
- WELLINGTON SOMERSET
I am ereally excited to be working with a passionate, not-for-profit organisation who provides residential homes for people over the age of 55. They're now looking for a Senior Finance Office to join their team for 4 to assist with month end processes and support the Finance Manager with ad hoc tasks.
This role would suit someone who has relevant experience with Assisting with management accounts and is AAT Qualified.
I am pleased to be partnering with a successful not-for-profit organisation who provides residential homes for people over the age of 55. Their key focus is to ensure people have the support they need but still have the opportunity to live a fulfilled and independent life.
An exciting opportunity has arise for a Senior Finance Office to join their team of 4 to support the Finance Manager with month end processes, ben the main point of contact for the houses from a finance perspective and assist with transactional duties too.
This role would suit someone who has relevant experience with Assisting with management accounts, AAT Qualified and enjoys all aspects of transactional finance too.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Finance Officer:
- Prepare monthly consolidated management accounts, so that they're able to report accurately on its financial position
- Prepare accounting journals, including accruals & prepayments
- Review all posting to the general ledger to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of all financial data
- Undertake variance analysis and produce supporting commentary to explain variances to assist operational staff in identifying corrective action required
- Ensure all invoices are inputted into the general ledger and accounted for, so they're recognising all costs, and so suppliers are paid in time and in full
- Track for anomalies and any duplicate invoices, and query where incomplete information is provided
- Prepare budget models, using robust forecasting tools around income and expenditure
- Provide support during budget setting meeting so that detailed queries can be responded to quickly and to assist with the smooth running of the meetings
- Chase resident's arrears, in order that any outstanding debit is minimised and recovered quickly
- Undertake all month end processes for the home, ensuring accuracy of input to ensure that the financial position for the home is reported correctly.
- Provide guidance and support to regional staff and managers in the correct use of the expenses application to ensure are claiming their expense in a timely manner.
The successful candidate:
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualified or equivalent demonstrable financial experience.
- Competent in the effective use of Microsoft excel (Pivots, vlookups)
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- An effective problem solver, able to investigate issues and work through to resolution
- Able to prioritise work effectively, based on business risk and opportunity.
- Friendly and approachable character
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Working for a successful organisation
- Opportunity to progress within their business and make the role you're own
- Relaxed working environment
- microsoft excel