- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant Nurse Manager Emergency DepartmentAdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:305 E. Brandon Blvd, Florida 33511
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth TampaPepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full-Time/Mids (11a-7p; rotating weekends)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
- Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Adheres to FHT standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
- Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
- Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
- Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
- Complies with FHT corrective action process.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets.Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
- Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
- Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
- Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates.Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
- Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
- Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
- Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
- Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
- Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
- Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement
What You Will Need:
- Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
- Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
- Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
- Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
- Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
- Minimum offive yearsacute care nursing experience or two years if has prior leadership experience in team leader role.
- BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- National certification in specialty preferred
- Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
- Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
- The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
- The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- customer service