- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for effectively managing the operation of a convenience store. Assures that all aspects of the business operate smoothly in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Provide assistance and support to the Store Manager with inventory, ordering, and tracking merchandise sales.Verifies, reports, and deposits all moneys due company for goods sold.
- Assure all company equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Identify and resolve inventory control problems.
- Display and rotate merchandise as recommended by the marketing staff.
- Train employees in food preparation, sanitation rules and regulations. Make sure rules are followed by self and others.
- Share responsibility for shift coverage for call-offs when no other help can be found.
- Maintain store and premises in a clean, healthful, attractive condition, and according to all company policies and applicable codes.
- Recommend team members for disciplinary action, job training, or promotion in manager’s absence.
- Provide job training and oversee productivity for all team members.
- Report and resolve all maintenance issues that occur during the shift.
- Communicate in a timely and effective way, all problems and issues to Store Manager.
- Ensure self and all employees provide professional, courteous, and timely service to all customers.
- Demonstrate high standards and work ethics to others through words and actions.
- Identify opportunities to improve service and productivity, reduce costs, and increase sales and make recommendations to the appropriate personnel.
- Complete daily store errands including but not limited to, banking and competitive gas pricing.
- Make gas price changes.
- Acts as Person in Charge (PIC) in Manager’s absence. Essential Functions
The items described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time without a break.
- Talk, hear, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Frequent walking, stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, grasping, and repetitive movements.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of up to 20-30 lbs.
- Work in cold refrigerator or freezer.
- Ability to use a PC and or mobile device and other electronics.
- Ability to work flexible hours / days to support business hours and needs.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation; must travel to store locations as well as offsite meetings.
- Obtain RAMP certification. *Beer/Wine locations only.
- Obtain occupational license or permit issued by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. *VGT locations only. Expected Hours of Work
Will work minimum of 45 hours per week, on a rotating schedule based on business needs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic accounting skills and experience in leading others are preferred.
- 6 months’ employment with Rutter’s preferred.
- High energy, positive attitude and excellent customer service and employee relation skills. EEO Statement
Rutter’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other protected status under Local, State or Federal Regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the company