- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant Student Support�Houston, Texas, CentralNew�Managerial & Professional�190032T Requisition #�1 day ago Post DateJobSummary
Assist with daily processes includingbut not limited to, student admission, registration and testing support. Provide office support within assigneddepartment.
Perform a variety of front-line customerservices tasks with minimal supervision, including but not limited to providinginformation and addressing concerns of students, parents, staff and other externalcontacts.
Process and maintain department recordsand files including but not limited to student attendance, grades, LearningManagement System (LMS) documentation, reporting requirements.
Provide department information andassistance to students, staff and external contacts as needed.
Answer and respond to inquiries andprovide services or information to help customers obtain desired studentsupport services.
Assist with student activities andevents.
May work alternate schedules, includingevening and weekend hours.
Perform other duties, tasks andassignments as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year combined experience of general office and customer service required
- Valid Texas Driver License
- MS Office Programs
- Information Management Systems
- General Office Equipment
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Accepting Responsibility
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Driving Continuous Improvement
- Acting with Integrity
- Thinking Critically
- Managing Change
- Communicating Effectively
General office. May frequently be required to walk; stand; sit;use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision anddistance vision. Use of personalcomputing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopier, filecabinets, and calculator. Manualdexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach and bend, and use2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Ability to travel to and from meetings,training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours toinclude weekends and holidays.
SECURITYSENSITIVE: This job class may contain positions that aresecurity sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas EducationCode § 51.215
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You’ll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
- 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
713 718.8271 or Institutional.Equity@hccs.edu
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
- customer service