- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Mateo
Assistant Vice President, Banking Technology - 90231092
Primary Location:US-CA-San Mateo
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
AVP, Banking - Technology
Menlo Park, CA
An Associate in the Technology group will gain a broad understanding of the investment banking business by working on a variety of assets and assignments across the Technology industry. Associates participate as full members of teams engaged in projects such as company valuation, strategic advisory and execution of debt and equity offerings.
What will you be doing?
• You will play a key role in financial analysis/modeling, industry research, coordination of internal and external processes related to a financing or sale, and assistance in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials.
• You will learn to effectively utilize available resources.
• You will build and utilize strong knowledge of finance and capital markets to understand and meet client needs.
• You will develop effective working relationships and to demonstrate a strong commitment to the Firm’s goals and values.
• You will generate innovative solutions to problems.
• You should strive to make a positive impact on the people around him or her by being a team player and an effective project manager, consistent with Barclays emphasis on a cooperative and supportive work environment. Take ownership of projects to drive a process forward, and also seek counsel from others.
• You will participate in such activities as task forces, recruiting and training is an important way for Associates to broaden their exposure throughout the Firm and make a meaningful contribution to the Barclays franchise.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 2+ years of prior investment banking experience
• Minimum 2+ years of experience of working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• MBA is preferred.
• 2+ years of Technology banking experience preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge and prior experience with financial modeling, building, using and operating cash flow projections and credit financial analysis
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.