- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assoc Engineer, SDET
The Associate Software Development Engineer in Test tackles a variety of technical challenges. Plays an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and building test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. Is a core member of the development team and participates in the complete development lifecycle process. Develops, implements, and sustains test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of application and system requirement, development and test activities throughout the software development and sustainment lifecycles. Leads and consults on test automation strategy, requirement, design, implementation and execution. SDET resources must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them. What you'll do in your role. Testing (Requirements Gathering)
- Ensures requirements and/or user stories are testable.
- Contributes to test activities.
- Manages defects.
- Writes and executes manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of the quality of the product.
- Supports maintenance of automation systems, including defects fixes and/or small enhancements.
- Assists in designing test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Participates in code review.
- Participates in Design and Design Reviews.
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelors Degree Technical Discipline. Equivalent experience
- Conceptual understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
- Understanding and hands-on familiarity of testing tools (e.g. Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.).
- Understanding of various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Understanding of service virtualization, mocks, stubbs and test doubles
About the company