- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Location: New York, NY, USA
Moody's Commercial Group establishes, maintains and manages the business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities and intermediaries in the capital markets. The department interfaces with issuers of fixed income securities and other capital markets participants such as corporations, mutual funds, municipal governments, public institutions, originators and managers of structured finance products, and intermediaries in the capital markets. The group articulates the value of Moody's ratings in the execution of transactions, is responsible for the development and launch of innovative ratings based products, communicates pricing strategy, and negotiates all commercial contractual terms with issuers.
- Work independently to handle all aspects of business and pricing relationships with issuers and intermediaries in the municipal government sector.
- Participate in direct issuer calls/meetings/conferences to enhance relationships and fee discussions
- Handle specified accounts and resolve any day-to-day issues
- Back-up other Account Management associates in periods of absence
- Send, track and receive ratings applications for new ratings
- Partner with Business Development in managing relationships for a dedicated portfolio of issuers
- Partner with Collections team when requested to resolve any outstanding issues to enable issuers to pay outstanding invoices
- Attentive to details related to fees to ensure accuracy of invoices and adjustments.
- Partner with billing and revenue accounting to meet month end invoice targets
- Assist the line of business in managing and tracking ratings withdrawal requests
- Assist in annual pricing review (revamp and consolidation of fee schedules, update of fee schedules with new pricing, timely notification to issuers)
- Support team in any ad hoc reporting requirements
- Support manager on various ongoing and ad hoc project as necessary
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in related field (Economics, Marketing, Finance, Accounting)
- 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player, pro-active, can-do attitude
- Strong experience in effectively using MS office, advanced Excel skills preferred, PowerPoint skills a bonus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
- ms project