- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Associate – Account Management – US FIGJob Description The Role:
Individual contributor initiating and promoting a positive relationship with new and existing customers, proactively providing customer service, retaining and growing revenues for a given portfolio of MIS issuers. Position reports to VP - Account Management for U.S. Financial Institutions in the Global Commercial Group.
Roles Key Responsibilities:
• Commercial liaison for sector(s) specific customers. Use sound judgment to determine appropriate rating products and services to offer to Issuers and intermediaries. Must be focused on detail and best-in-class customer service. Will need to send/receive and track rating applications for necessary engagement process. This may require extensive follow-up and diligence.
• Participate in direct issuer calls/visits (as warranted) to enhance account relationships, negotiate fees and illustrate the Moody's Value proposition.
• Source and collate information in preparation for issuer calls and in-person customer meetings, which may include credit research as directed by the Manager.
• Coordinate invites and relevant logistics for customer meetings and other outreach, including conferences.
• Adhere to all compliance separation protocols while working closely with other teams to ensure a high service level is met in delivering Moody's rating products and services to our customers.
• Determine the appropriateness of rating products within the Moody's Product Suite, while avoiding any specific fee discussions or other topics that are restricted between the Analytical teams and Commercial.
• Work independently to handle aspects of business relationships with existing customers and intermediaries.
. Negotiate fee and fee terms for less complex fee arrangements, under limited guidance from the manager, while maintaining customer satisfaction and retention.
• Generate documentation such as fee brochures and letters to support pricing approvals and exceptions as it relates to the annual fee negotiation process.
• Provide administrative support to management in relation to general account management including the ratings application process, liaising with business development and others team, as required
• Work with the Billing Department and Middle Office to facilitate timely distribution of invoices.
• Partner with Collections Team to resolve any outstanding issues in order to expedite payment of outstanding invoices.
• Provide various weekly updates to management of pending transactions.
• Notify issuers of annual fee revisions (as need be) and gather customer feedback on price changes.
• Creative problem solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
• Lead and participate in various ongoing and ad hoc projects (as necessary).
• Interact with internal teams such Billing, Collections and Middle Office.
• Position requires some travel.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in related field (Economics, Finance, Marketing, and Accounting)
• 1-3 year's business experience, preferably in client relationship, sales, business development or accounting/finance capacity
• Solid working knowledge of financial institutions and capital markets is desirable
• Excellent verbal communication skills, strong writing skills and solid negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Must be organized, diligent and have the ability to multi-task, with strong time management skills
• Self-starter with strong time management skills and an ability to effectively meet tight deadlines for multiple projects, requiring prioritization and continuous follow-up
• Ability to be proactive and exercise initiative
• Strong experience in using MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel
• Must be a team player, proactive, with a can-do attitude
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.