- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG Life & Retirement (AIG L&R) currently has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Actuary – Life and A&H Valuation to join its valuation team in our Nashville, TN office. Candidates will also be considered for our Houston or Neptune, NJ office. This position will report to a VP & Actuary - Life and A&H Valuation and will be responsible for the following:
- Perform Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Valuations
- Provide guidance and review for the calculation of statutory reserves, tax reserves, GAAP reserves and DAC for life and A&H products
- Ensure accuracy of data from valuation and admin systems
- Prepare and reviewing required SOX controls and other controls deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the business
- Analyze results and documenting causes of variance
- Ensure that products are properly coded and tested in the valuation systems
- Review coding of valuation systems and formulas in spreadsheets for accuracy
- Improve processes related to valuation systems, spreadsheets, databases, and other valuation tools as necessary
- Provide support and explanations for reserve and DAC output as requested by internal, external and state auditors
- Support review and analysis related to regulations, reserve methodologies and other valuation issues
- Support other valuation projects as assigned
- BS Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative field
- Ideal candidate will be a recent Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and have 5+ years experience in the industry
- Valuation Experience Preferred
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and quality of service.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and to see them through to completion
- Programming ability, including SQL, desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers.
- Ability to work independently
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.