- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Rio West A Bldg (PHX-RWA1)
Additional Locations: None
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for providing first-level problem troubleshooting via the telephone for all hardware and software supported by Technologies system-wide.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Provides resolution to problems that can be solved over the phone, and when necessary, refers more complex problems to a qualified support technician
- Provides first level support to end users for PC hardware and Network (Windows7/Windows XP environments) and Mainframe (UNIX/IBM) environments
- Conducts problem determination for the Technology areas, including Voice, WAN, LAN, PC, Laptop, Printer, Password Resets, Dot Matrix printers, etc.
- May interact with internal and external support teams and third party vendors to identify and correctcore problems
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Maintains daily awareness of outages and issues system wide
About The Job (Continued)
- Escalates incidents to escalation teams to ensure customer resolution
- Provides timely communication (oral or written) to the Level 2 support or other management personnel, as needed
- Promptly consults Level 2 support or other management personnel regarding quality issues to determine acceptability or course of action
- Works overtime as necessary and when approved
- Maintains confidentiality regarding employee, company, and customer information
- Demonstrates commitment to and compliance with all company and departmental policies, procedures and practices
- Shift work required/24x7 IT coverage environment
- Technical degreeand/or equivalent experience
- 2 years Help Desk and/or customer service experience
- 2 years troubleshooting experience with service desk environments
- Knowledge and/or experience with internal server/mainframe applications such as: Shares, QIK, IBM/TSO/TPX, and SCEPTRE
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Apple certification (Apple Genius)
- A+ Certification
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
Additional Locations: None
- customer service
About the company
Major United States-based airline, operating an extensive international and domestic network, and is the world's largest airline by fleet size and revenue, and the second-most by number of destinations, only after United Airlines. It operates from its main hub at Dallas/Fort Worth, and its hubs at Charlotte, Los Angeles, John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Miami, O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C., while its primary maintenance base is at Tulsa International Airport. The company, which is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, also has a significant presence in Boston, London-Heathrow, New York-LaGuardia and San Francisco.
Together with regional partner American Eagle, we offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries. We’re a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members and members-elect offer nearly 14,250 flights daily to 1,000 destinations in 150 countries.
In 2016, American Airlines Group Inc. topped Fortune magazine’s list of best business turnarounds.
Founded in 1930, we’re now one of the largest airlines in the world. Throughout the years, American has created more than 900,000 jobs worldwide and supported close to 1,400 nonprofit organizations.
A talented and diverse team of professionals lead the way to success at American Airlines. Everyone's unique experiences and perspectives add value to how we approach and achieve our goals in this competitive industry.We want our employees to feel that American is a great place to work. Fostering a culture of respect and inclusion allows team members to achieve their full potential and that's key in helping restore American to the greatest airline in the world.Hear what chairman and CEO Doug Parker says about the importance of diversity at American.