- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Responsible for managing and executing marketing strategies and tactics associated with the driving of product sales. Assigned to support marketing initiatives for a business unit or across multiple business units. Responsibilities include supporting new product launches, advertising/promotion programs, packaging design, and helping to achieve profit margin/business plan objectives. Developing and managing relationships and communications with internal and external customers is key. Additional responsibilities include business analysis, budget tracking, project management, and communicating brand promotion programs to Field Sales.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
* Develop and implement marketing programs/tactics to support a business unit.
* Design and execute advertising and promotion plans.
* Manage and implement promotional materials for Field Sales.
* Assist in the execution of national product education, publication, and promotional activities to effectively communicate the strategic positioning and lifecycle development of products to customers.
* Lead cross functional project teams focused on execution of programs, initiatives, and/or strategies.
* Track and analyze budget expenditures.
* Analyze financial plans, market share trends, transition plans, bid/rebate trends, retail consumption trends, S&OP forecasts, opportunity assessment and competitive assessments.
* Develop and manage relationships and communications with internal and external customers.
* Manage and coordinate internal marketing research and market claims testing and data analysis including use of retail data services such as Neilson.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives. These groups include external customers and consumers, external vendors and agencies, Field Sales, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Logistics, Public Affairs, Marketing, and Executive Management.
BA/BS Degree in Marketing. MBA strongly preferred.
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
* 1-3 years of experience consumer packaged goods and/or healthcare products industry.
* Demonstrated leadership ability and success in project management.
* Capable of successfully managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
* Strong analytical skills, including business and financial analysis, with the skills to develop and defend an empirically-based recommendation and tell a concise story using complex data.
* Advanced level PC skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Strong communication and presentation with the ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently articulate strategies to a diverse audience of peers, senior leadership, and external partners.
* Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
* Responsible for managing and executing marketing strategies and tactical objectives associated with the driving of product sales.
* Actions and decisions can affect attainment of business unit financial goals and objectives.
JOB FAMILY:Product Management
DIVISION:ANPD Nutrition Products
LOCATION:United States Columbus : RP02 Floor-3
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.