- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.Business Intelligence Analyst
Capterra, a Gartner company, is a free service to help businesses find the right software. We offer the most comprehensive list of business software solutions on the web so that you're guaranteed to find your best match. We're located in Arlington, Virginia mere blocks from the Metro and surrounded by nearby restaurants and parks. We've been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and Capterra has been listed in the Inc. 5000 for being one of the fastest growing companies in the country for the past 7 years.
What you’ll do
- Use analytics to support Capterra’s mission to be the leading resource for software buyers and sellers
- Develop and manage recurring reports and dashboards for internal customers
- Produce ad hoc and project-based analysis to support key business initiatives
- Quantify the impact of major business initiatives and communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Support the planning and forecasting process as needed to predict the performance of key metrics
- Design and execute analytics projects and communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to support analytics goals
- Provide data-driven recommendations and guidance to drive business performance
What you’ll need
- BA/BS from a top-tier university
- Degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative field preferred
- Basic understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience working with cloud-based or traditional relational database management systems
- Knowledge of SQL or similar database scripting language
- Proficient with Google or Microsoft suite of business applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience working with web analytics tools a plus (Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization systems a plus (Tableau, Power BI)
Who you are
- Data driven and analytical by nature with demonstrable passion for data and analytics
- Self-sufficient and driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly present complicated analysis
- Resourceful and resilient with the ability to take a creative approach to problem solving
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You'll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great perks.
Job Requisition ID:39247By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
- ms project
About the company
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 9,100 distinct enterprises worldwide.