- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now »
Associate Category Manager-Cincinnati, OH
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH, US
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
REQUISITION NUMBER: 178595
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Serves as an analytic and category management expert using the category management process as a decision platform for all initiatives designed to optimize distribution, shelving, price and promotional mix for Mars Wrigley Confectionery brands and categories. Provides category management assistance and fact-based selling to help meet and exceed volume, market share and other performance objectives. Deliver superior consumer & shopper insights to support of their key Category initiatives as well as Mars Wrigley Confectionery's brand strategies.
This position requires strong analytical skills, a strong understanding of consumer behavior and shopper insights, and knowledge of current consumer product sales and industry trends. This position also requires strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills are necessary due to the level of interaction with Kroger as well as Kroger's Mars Wrigley Confectionery leadership team. The ability to manage cross functional/multi task projects simultaneously, strong strategic problem solving skills, strong written, verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines are essential to be successful in this role.
• Utilize category management skills and understanding to deliver against team volume, market share, and performance objectives at the Division level
• Develop a high performance analytical competency which delivers against the expectations of product distribution, shelving, promotions, and price for front end, in-aisle, and seasonal product ranges
• Maintain and increase category influence through customer ownership and superior category insights
• Support development of the success measures for all category management initiatives to deliver profitable sales growth for Kroger Divisions
• Maintain working knowledge of all information systems, which affect the ability to perform category analysis and implement category management processes
• Partner with sales team to execute Mars Wrigley Confectionery and Kroger GO initiatives across Divisions supported within role
• Collaborate with Mars Wrigley Confectionery Divisional Category team to help drive process
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States