- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- La Verne
University of La Verne
Associate Director of Annual Giving
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
As a member of the College Advancement team at the University of La Verne, the Associate Director works in a highly collaborative environment to increase annual giving dollars and alumni participation. Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director will work to promote and grow a culture of philanthropy while increasing alumni, parent, student and friend's participation and assist to increase Leadership Annual Giving overall—helping grow the pipeline for ULV. The Associate Director will have oversight over many projects and programs, including Student Philanthropy Campaigns and Young Alumni Giving, develop yearly communication strategies, including integrated e- solicitation and collateral material, acquiring, reporting and managing constituent data, coordinating campaigns with various vendors, training, supervising and evaluating student workers and serve as a liaison between volunteer committees and fundraising programs, advancement staff and faculty. Additionally, the Associate Director will also be involved in the supervision of the student telemarketing program - supervising student outreach representatives (student callers) including the recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching of student employees.
- The Associate Director will manage a small portfolio of potential Leadership Annual Giving Donors with guidance from the Director of Annual Giving, including qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni prospects. This will create meaningful opportunities for face-to-face visits with a goal of building
relationships and inspiring philanthropic support to the University.
- The Associate Director will be responsible for creating and overseeing new and creative programming like crowd funding and smaller giving campaigns, or a day of giving, to again help enhance a culture of philanthropy at the University. Develop and maintain proper targeted social media initiatives. Use this work to expand and manage student philanthropic education and solicitation programs that include the Spotted Pig and the Graduating Class Giving campaigns.
- The Associate Director will create a marketing plan in partnership with the Annual Giving Director and possibly Office of Communications and Marketing. They will serve as the point person for delivering on this plan and crafting variable language and targeted outreach utilizing unique communication strategies through multiple channels such as videos and social media. They will then track the effectiveness of these appeals by reviewing and analyzing responses to the targeted messages.
- Assist with the management of the Green and Orange Society, the 1891 Society, the Parent Leadership Council and other fundraising/stewardship programs.
- Coordinate the hiring, training, supervising and evaluating of student workers who participate in telemarketing campaigns and general office tasks. Coordinate execution of Telemarketing program.
- Ensure proper implementation of multiple Annual Giving priorities of highly segmented direct mail, telemarketing, social and e-solicitation projects, with close attention to detail.
- Maintain department calendars, tracking logs, inventory, and materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Leadership and Annual Giving.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The successful candidate must have two years fundraising experience and proven success in designing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive fundraising plan, preferably in a higher education setting.
- They should be able to demonstrate successful experience and effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation.
- Experience in higher education fundraising.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency