- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 gross per year
- New York City
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Manage all aspects of foundation and corporate giving campaigns, including research and identification of grant opportunities, facilitating and cultivating new relationships, and serving as the primary contact.
- Conduct ongoing research to identify agency needs and establish long-term relationships with institutional funders aligned with our mission.
This includes helping to close funding gaps in services, assisting in program expansion efforts, and identifying new opportunities and potential prospects.
- Prepare, package and submit persuasive proposals to government, foundation, and corporate funders.
Manage, monitor, and ensure tracking of all Sheltering Arms' grants and prospective grants.
This includes collaborating with appropriate program and finance staff to ensure all requirements are met; submitting all required materials including narratives, budgets, and supporting materials; ensuring timely and accurate completion of applications and subsequent reports; and maintaining compliance with funder rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a donor database and grant management system to track work plans, timelines, proposal deliverables, multi-year awards and future prospects.
- Collaborate with Development Assistant to ensure that institutional gifts and activities are properly entered into our database
- Strong writing skills and direct grant writing expertise, as well as a track record of successfully securing institutional funding and exceeding goals in a competitive fundraising environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, with particularly strong written and oral presentation abilities
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with a CRM, such as Raiser's Edge
- Bachelor's degree and five years of results-oriented experience in development, grant writing, project management, and prospect research in a human services organization preferred.
- ms project