- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The role of the Strategy Associate Director is to be the day-to-day steward on media issues for assigned brands, including accurate budget control and flow of media activity. You will be required to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of their clients’ business and apply their media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs/objectives. You will work closely with the Managers in the development and communication of all media recommendations.
What You’ll Do:
- Successfully build a relationship with your client. You’ll interact with the client on a regular basis to understand their needs and help them reach their target market, building a great relationship, and ultimately growing the business.
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports that includes media supervisors and associates. You’ll maintain the workload of your team, delegating tasks and responsibilities to ensure the most productive and effective use of each person’s skills, while motivating their interests and challenging their minds.
- Strategize with your team and the client to develop innovative, well-targeted marketing solutions. Encourage your team to think to think of all the possibilities and come up with alternative media solutions and, when it makes sense, re-create the wheel.
- Create and flawlessly execute a media plan that connects your client to their consumer. Throughout the year, you’ll oversee the progress of all projects, assist your team to make sure deadlines are met, and, of course, make sure the work being produced is stellar.
- Think strategically, take into account the bigger picture, analyze everything and think critically when solving problems to come up with unconventional solutions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications preferred. If you have an MBA, that’s an added bonus.
- 5+ years with progressive levels of responsibility in media planning, buying and management
- Have lead a team before, know what it takes to manage a group, even when a lot of moving parts are involved, not only can you take care of the day-to-day part of overseeing others, but you are good at helping them grow and realize their own potential.
- Build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps, have a history negotiating to get the job done right and track record of success in media, understand business and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a simple, understandable way.
- Deep understanding ofdigital, TV and social.
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.