- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New Orleans
The Boeing Company is seeking an Fabrication Technician to support the team in New Orleans, Louisiana. This position is with the Boeing Exploration Launch Systems supporting production of the NASA SLS Core Stage and is based at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility. The Fabrication Technician will be engaged in a highly team-oriented, flexible work environment utilizing multiple skills to accomplish diverse task assignments.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication, and tube bending and fabrication tasks
- Performs thermal protective systems preparation, application and trimming
- Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components
- Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various assemblies for flight and qualification hardware
- Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products
- Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products
- Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests
- Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements
- Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. The shift for this position will be variable upon hire.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- The ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather condition
- The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
- The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Applicant will operate a forklift and mobile crane.
- The work shift and baseline which schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in aerospace
- Experience building 3D objects from 2D prints
- Strong computer skills
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.