- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Associate Industrial Engineer
Parks & Resorts
Want to be part of a dynamic, fun, and entertaining work environment?
Want to have access to the Entertainment Capital of L.A?
Look no further, at Universal Studios Hollywood our Business Analytics and Industrial Engineering Team lets you work with departments all across the park by supporting the improvement efforts currently scheduled, and creating new and more efficient methods, allowing you to encounter and experience the whole park with almost no restrictions.
You will work with Team members of all levels including some of our Senior VP’s, providing you the opportunity to demonstrate your projects to all affected teams across the board while allowing you to develop a network with endless possibilities.
This role will deliver real improvements that positively impact the company’s financials and growth. The opportunities at USH are wide and always growing, and with parks all around the globe there’s no better place to start.
The question now is where will you fit in?
As an Associate Industrial Engineer you would help solve problems like:
How to improve processes across Universal Studios Hollywood by aiding in determining the most efficient ways to best utilize data, people, machines, materials and information to provide world class service.
How to pull data to from numerous sources and leverage Python, Minitab and other data tech to make sense of data and create insights.
How to use IE tools and quantitative methods to impact company’s bottom-line across all business functions.
What will you do?
You will develop and execute data collection studies and obtain data using database query tools in order to perform data mining and data analysis using statistical tools and methodologies.
You will facilitate and lead productivity and efficiency related analyses. Evaluate and improve methods and procedures for the various operational processes
You will aid in the development of business cases & presentations to be presented from front line stakeholders to executive leadership
You will perform other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
• You are a quick learner who finds tedious work boring and would rather automate it
• You have excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
• You are energetic, strong communicator, highly motivated who likes to build relationships
• You get fascinated by new technology and like to explore it or make your own tool or find a new way to address problems
• You love freedom and are capable of self-direction and delivering results fast
• You are flexible and you have an open mind about fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• You are innovative and clear thinker who loves challenges and can solve problems efficiently and effectively
• You like math, statistics, regression, linear programing and Lean
• You are able to prioritize effectively and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• You have knowledge of analytical Software such as JMP, Minitab and Python
• You have minimum 1 to 3 years of work experience in related fields
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Finance, or related fields
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.