- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ADP is hiring a highly motivated Associate Application Developer (Java) with exceptional communication skills and demonstrated Java development experience in open source frameworks. Does this sound like you?
- Inquisitive by nature. Compelled to learn as much about industry best practices as possible, and incorporate them into a strategic content approach while building a clear path to execution.
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Self-Starter. High-reaching and unstoppable. A cant-stop-won't-stop attitude and an urge to persevere until you get it right.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO 55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As an Associate Application Developer , you'll work closely with product management and other product development teams to develop a strong understanding of the product and business objectives to build next-generation integration technologies for ADP.
THINGS YOU'LL DO:
- Assist with providing designs and architectural solutions that meet operational and functional requirements
- Contribute to product innovation by leveraging latest trends in technical and software architecture
- Own end-to-end solutions to ensure internal ADP applications are well documented, properly scaled, and tested to effectively serve our customers
- Troubleshoot issues in collaboration with different teams to determine root cause and recommend resolution
- Employ development best practices, standards, architecture
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
- We will help you build your career and we will support your ambitions.
- We will help to train you in development, including programming skills, learning libraries and frameworks, system architecture and design, writing documentation, communicating with other teams, managing projects and tasks.
- We will teach you the innovation process that delivers real-world products.
- We will support your aspirations and career ambitions to help you to grow into a senior application developer, over time, by giving you the opportunity to acquire the skills, and by providing you with the mentoring, feedback, and training needed to grow into that role with us
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Ability to communicate effectively within an Agile software development team
- 1-3 years of experience in Java development
- 1+ years of experience working with RDBMS (Oracle)
- Exposure to software development best practices, security concerns, testing and deployment strategies
- Knowledge of API design/consumption
- Knowledge of J2EE, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate or any other ORM tool
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT:
- You are passionate, have a collaborative attitude, and a focus on delivering high quality solutions
- Experience developing web applications and web services (RESTful)
- TDD/BDD experience
- SaaS/SOA experience
- Payroll Tax experience
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.