- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate Manager, Planning & Analysis-PII0002Z
Prudential International Insurance (PII) Controllership Team has an opening for a highly motivated and inquisitive Associate Manager of Planning & Analysis focusing on Japan operations. The International Controllership team provides support for financial and management reporting for insurance operations outside of the US including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, Malaysia, India and Indonesia. The team is also responsible for the analysis and implementation of new accounting standards/policies, global lead on IFRS implementation and development of key financial reporting metrics to be used in management reporting.
This role will be focusing on management reporting (both Actuals and Forecast) including business drivers and other strategic deliverables on Japan operations which requires strong analytical and collaboration skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with Newark based teams including Investment Finance, ICAPM, Consolidation P&A and requires heavy coordination with finance teams in Japan operations. The individual in this role will help provide a line of sight on PII’s Japan operations and will be a key contributor to PII’s management reporting and driver processes.
The incumbent will report to the Manager, Planning & Analysis within the Controllership with principal responsibilities as follows:
- Coordination of several key processes of the monthly/quarterly GAAP and STAT forecast submissions from the Japan operations.
- This includes both income statement and balance sheet forecasting.
- Ensure the local operations submit their financial forecast and key business drivers on time and accurately within the Obero system.
- Collection and reconciliation of key financials and business driver data for the Corporate Management Reporting team and Senior Management.
- Understand how changes to markets and key business trends impact financial results.
- Support key initiatives and incorporate into the multi-year forecast.
- Assist in the preparation of PII’s multi-year forecast package to be distributed to Senior Management.
- Establish close working relationships and partner effectively with PII Finance teams and business partners
- Ongoing identification and implementation of process efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, orAccounting
- Prefer advanced degree or designation (MBA,CPA, CFA)
- Minimum 3-4 years financial relatedexperience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonalcommunication skills
- Easily establishes a rapport with others, aswell as builds effective business partnerships
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive, high degree of self-motivation andpassion to succeed
- Ability to work through issues independentlyand as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple assignments andpriorities under tight deadlines; attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Prudential’s financial systems(Obero, Oracle, EFDW, etc) preferred
- Overtime required during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
- real estate
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)