- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
@Boeing, we create the future — of mobility, autonomy, speed, endurance, space access and exploration, undersea vehicles, cybersecurity, communication and much, much more. We connect people, products and ideas around the world. We protect people and nations. We explore the mysteries of the universe from seabed to space to cyberspace. We inspire future generations of innovators, dreamers and doers.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
Boeing’s Solid State Electronics Development organization (SSED) within the Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) organization performs microelectronics technology development and design for aerospace systems.
We develop digital, analog, and RF Systems on Chip (SoCs) for radar, navigation, electronic warfare, communications, processing, and other electronic systems. These systems are used on Boeing airborne, terrestrial, and satellite platforms. Designs are implemented with state of the art semiconductor process technologies including CMOS, GaAs, GaN, and SiGe. SSED uses external wafer fabrication but performs design (architecture, RTL, synthesis, circuits, physical design, verification, packaging and test) in house. SSED has numerous microelectronics projects, funded both by internal Boeing customers and external Government Science and Technology (S&T) customers. SSED’s large staff of microelectronics engineers conduct research and designs microelectronics hardware in support of these projects.
We are seeking early career physicists and engineers to assist experienced SSED personnel in microelectronics research & development efforts, with tasks including design, verification, test, and analysis of custom digital, analog/mixed-signal, and RF SoCs and systems-in-package (SiPs).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ years of experience in the design/development of integrated circuits
- Greater than the minimum level of design experience in analog, digital, mixed signal, RF, or SoC domains or experience designing and/or testing chips in more than one domain.
- Experience working on large-scale SoC design teams.
- Experience designing processors (including field programmable gate arrays) or memory.
- Experience with architecture and design of packaged electronics (e.g. hybrid, module, system-in-package)
- Experience analyzing and decomposing higher-level requirements to microelectronics-level requirements and interfaces
- Experience with radiation effects on electronics (e.g. spacecraft electronics)
- Experience with design & test of electronics for extreme temperature environments (e.g. cryogenic)
- Experience writing firmware or software for embedded systems
- Experience supporting electronics testing, including designing test boards, writing test scripts (e.g. in LabView), writing test plans, and conducting tests in microelectronics test lab
- Experience supporting military radar, communications, electronic warfare, or avionics/mission processor programs
- Experience organizing and leading teams, including military experience as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer
- Demonstrated track record as a high performance team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Active security clearance
This is a union represented position
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
- Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
- Bonus amount: US Dollar (USD) $1,000
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.