- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Associate Producer, Daily Pop, E! News
TV Content & Production
Daily Pop is looking for an Associate Producer to join our entertainment talk show team. The ideal candidate will be a pop culture buff with strong writing, research and social media skills. You must demonstrate strong editorial judgement and be a flexible team player. News experience a must, talk show experience a plus.
- Pitch timely entertainment and lifestyle stories that will incite lively conversation
- Research stories – get the facts and relevant background information to help inform hosts
- Light writing of concise but conversational scripts
- Gathering video and photo elements to support stories
- Search social media for entertaining and appropriate viewer comments and questions during live show
- Work with an editor to cut highlights from episodes of reality and award shows
- Occasional field producer
- Liaison with graphics producers, photo editor and media coordinator to ensure that all elements are available for segments.
- Work closely with editors to enhance a segments look and feel
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a news production environment
• Experience working in show production
• Passion for entertainment and pop culture
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of iNews a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About E! Entertainment
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. “E! News” airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," “Total Bellas,” "Botched," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry,” “Very Cavallari” and its newest late night topical series “Busy Tonight.” The brand’s robust digital programming slate includes “E! News’ The Rundown” “Face Forward” and “What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and on November 11 E! becomes the home of the “People’s Choice Awards.” E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
E! News is the leading daily pop culture show, featuring the biggest and most-talked about stories of the day. Hosted by Jason Kennedy, E! News covers the day’s hottest topics in pop culture and entertainment in a fast-paced, social and entertaining way tailored to a young, hyper-connected audience. Airing in more than 160 countries, E! News boasts the youngest and most affluent viewership and is the only truly cross platform pop culture brand with a monthly reach of 80MM+ people across linear and digital in the U.S. alone.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.