- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Jersey City
OverviewThe Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a new project researching Machine Learning based approaches to controlling plasmas at high temperatures and pressures in a tokamak. Relevant knowledge for the position includes: System Identification using Neural Networks and Deep Learning; Reinforcement Learning; Adaptive Neural Control; Optimal and Model Predictive Control; State Estimation; Nonlinear control techniques such as Adaptive Control and Nonlinear Model Predictive Control; and use of software such as MATLAB/Simulink Python Keras and TensorFLow.The methods will be tested first using PPPL's simulations of tokamaks and those that are successful will be tested on fusion reactors.
ResponsibilitiesResearching Machine Learning based approaches to controlling plasmas at high temperatures and pressures in a tokamak.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- A PhD degree in a machine learning, control, physics, or related discipline
- A very strong quantitative background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent software development skills in Python and/or C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink Keras and TensorFLow.
- A strong background in at least one or more of the research areas listed above
- A strong interest in both machine learning and nuclear fusion.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Salary GradeRES, 01Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo
- ms project