- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Diego
Janssen Research & Development,LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruitingfor an Associate Scientific Director, Discovery Immunology to be located in LaJolla, CA.
At the Janssen PharmaceuticalCompanies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people livefull and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of themost devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the mostpromising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development,LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address importantunmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases,vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension.Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drivesus. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health ofeveryone in it.
Thriving on a diverse companyculture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed toinclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking an AssociateScientific Director within the Innate Immunity group who has extensiveexperience and accomplishments in Innate immune biology research and drugdiscovery with strong knowledge of the pathophysiology of inflammatory boweldisease, and other immune-mediated diseases.
- Contribute to establishing a world-class research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of assets targeting innate mechanisms that drive autoimmune disorders.
- Provide leadership to various pre-clinical drug discovery programs including leading early- and late-stage research programs.
- Interact with key partners including Discovery leaders, the Immunology TA and partner organizations including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups to delivery clinical candidates
- Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development
- Develop and advance platform technologies as needed
- Work closely with Discovery leaders to implement an autoimmune disease strategy within the focus area and support ongoing programs.
- Help build an extensive external network of leaders with vision in the field of innate immunity and work with leadership to seek out and develop strategic partnerships, champion them for internal adoption, implement and execute these projects.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities and alliances.
- Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
- Manage and mentor a scientific team that could span the Discovery hubs
- Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment.
The successful candidate should havea PhD in immunology, cell biology, or other closely-related field, at least 12years of postgraduate training and research, and proven drug discovery projectand team management experience. The qualified candidate needs also to havedemonstrable evidence of scientific productivity reflected in publications inpeer-reviewed journals. Essential functions include the demonstration of oral,written and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work well in a quick paced,highly matrixed, interactive environment is vital.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen forthe talent you bring to work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson &Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson is anAffirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protectedveteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis ofdisability.
United States-California-San Diego- Organization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)