- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- South San Francisco
We are seeking a talented and motivated Scientist in the Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry (SMAC) Department at Genentech to develop automation strategies for high-throughput experiment and pre-formulation, and analysis. The candidate will partner with colleagues in process and formulation departments to design, execute and analyze high-throughput automated experiments for development of reactions and novel drug delivery vehicles. The candidate will be responsible for operating and troubleshooting the robotic laboratory systems, analyzing samples with HPLC, SEC, MS, UV, Raman, MALS, DLS and other state-of-the-art analytical instruments, and evaluating cutting-edge analytical technologies. The candidate will be accountable for database construction, data mining and data visualization for the large volume of automated experimentation data. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of new drug therapies through innovation and collaboration.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences or closely-related fields (e.g. chemical engineering) with 0-5 years of experience
• Profound knowledge in drug formulation and organic chemistry
• Experience in lab automation and high-throughput analysis is strongly preferred
• Experience in data science and artificial intelligence is highly valued
• Hands-on experience with a wide variety of modern analytical instrumentations including but not limited to: HPLC, MS, UV, IR, Raman, viscosity and particle size measurement, and wet chemistry
• Innovative thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to initiate, execute and lead new technology development
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written); capability to work independently and with team
About the company
Roche is a Swiss global health-care company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has bearer shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The company headquarters are located in Basel and the company has many pharmaceutical and diagnostic sites around the world – including: Tucson, AZ; Pleasanton, CA; Vacaville, California, Oceanside, California, Branchburg, NJ; Indianapolis, Indiana; Florence, South Carolina; and Ponce, Puerto Rico in the US; Welwyn Garden City and Burgess Hill in the UK; Clarecastle in Ireland; Mannheim and Penzberg in Germany; Mississauga and Laval in Canada; Shanghai in China; Mumbai & Hyderabad in India; São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Segrate, Milan in Italy; Johannesburg in South Africa; Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore in Pakistan. There are 26 manufacturing sites worldwide.