- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Palo Alto
At Cloudera, we believe that data can make what is impossible today, possible tomorrow. We empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. To that end, we deliver an Enterprise Data Cloud for any data, anywhere, from the Edge to AI. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera accelerates digital transformation for the world’s largest enterprises.
The Machine Learning Engineering Team owns Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Cloudera Machine Learning, a self-service data science and machine learning platform, optimized for the cloud. Our mission is to deliver an end-to-end workflow for open data science and machine learning, for teams, at scale, in the enterprise and in the cloud.
As a Software Engineer at Cloudera your responsibilities could include:
- Design and develop software products
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- BS/BA, MS or PhD equivalent in Computer Science
- Strong foundation in systems software, algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, and/or Python)
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Network Programming and Operating Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
About the company
Cloudera, Inc. is a US-based software company that provides a software platform for data engineering, data warehousing, machine learning and analytics that runs in the cloud or on premises.