- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo.
You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do.
And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service.
Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts.
Reach Your Peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB
To assist in managing the sales, rentals, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily operational budgets, including payroll
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and maintaining a quality core staff
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated and possess the ability to multi task
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2 years of retail experience required, snowsports retail experience required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems preferred
Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal.
The world's biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter.
And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests.
We take our job-outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences-very seriously.
Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process.
Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers.
Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 178105