- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary The FLIGHT Test Engineer family is an active and integral participant on software development teams. The FLIGHT Test Engineer supports all test strategy and coordination, planning, creation and execution activities for multiple test types identified as in-scope, champions overall quality efforts, identifies and defines acceptance criteria and test conditions, and creates and executes test scenarios that validate application acceptance criteria.
Job Description The FLIGHT Performance Test Engineer Consultant I owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of performance test scripts for low to medium complexity projects. This engineer coordinates and owns the test strategy as the overall performance test champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test performance architecture and may enhance and modify the test performance framework. The Test Engineer would also participate and own performance test planning and execution activities.
- Decompose and/or solicit business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and develop automated test scripts for basic/low complexity projects.
- Test a range of Products spanning Legacy Apps, Web Sites/Portals, Mobile Apps, and Web Services.
- Develop automated scripts that support existing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Identify and communicate testing-related Defects/Issues/Risks.
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality. This may include architectural reviews, design sessions, and code reviews.
- Possess thorough understanding of environment and infrastructure that the Products will be deployed to.
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product/project.
- Create, consult and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in Sprint planning and backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- 3+ years' hands on automation/testing engineer role in Selenium with Java/C# language
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- 2+ years' of hands on experience with the following tools:
- Agile Planning tool (eg JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (eg Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Defect Management (eg HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Jmeter or Performance test center is highly desired.
- Experience in modifying/maintaining Selenium automation frameworks will be a huge plus.
- Relational Database Management (eg Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Continuous Integration tools (eg Jenkins, Octopus, Hudson) Experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud is a huge plus.
- Security testing experience [Application Layer] is a huge plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment