- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Summary: Well established, highly profitable CPA firm offers an exceptional career opportunity for two audit management professionals, as well as for experienced audit staff and seniors.
We offer a very reasonable work / life balance, diverse SEC and closely held clients in numerous industries to work with, fast track promotions, and above market compensation packages. Prefer Manager candidates currently (or recently) at an Audit Manager level with a Big-4, national, or large local CPA firm.
Prefer Manager candidates with expertise in either SEC or government / non profit audits.
Will consider relocation assistance.
Additional positions available at all levels in audit, tax, and SOX consulting in Downtown Los Angeles, Westlake Village, San Jose, Riverside, Woodland Hills, and Irvine, CA.
The Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client, and the professional staff.
Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow.
Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the Firm.
Managers play a lead role in maintaining client relationships.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client's business
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for carrying out assurance engagements and advising clients
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using Firm policies and procedures
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness
- Prepares engagement letters for approval by Partner
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff
- Adheres to engagement time budgets
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise
- Keeps Partner informed of all the important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions
- Adheres to accurate and timely billing and collection processes
- Ensures that financial statements, reviews, and other documents or deliverables are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to clients
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations
- Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in collection of overdue accounts
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and its opinions on financial matters
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible audit or other legislation that could affect the business climate
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs
- Participates in the Firm's practice development efforts
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the Partners
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of senior, semi-seniors and staff accountants
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Assurance & Advisory staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs
- Participates in performance reviews and evaluations of accounting professionals
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Managers generally a minimum of five years' experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years' experience in a management position
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills
- A current and valid CPA license is required for Manager level employees
- SEC experience highly preferred
- Participates in career development programs to improve managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements/multi-task
- Desire to mentor/train staff
- Desire to do business development
- SEC and/or government / non profit experience highly preferred