- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- EDWARDS AFB, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. We are currently seeking an Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector - Flight Test to join the team at Edwards AFB, California.
If you are being hired or transferring into a position where you will perform a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety-sensitive function, you are first required to undergo Pre-Employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines, or a metabolite of those drugs. A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is perferred Please note your certificate number on your resume.
- Perform production installations, maintenance*, preventative maintenance** and alterations*** on aircraft structure, systems and sub-systems, including electrical and avionics on standard or experimental certificated aircraft.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, repair, service aircraft and engine systems to prepare aircraft for flight. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician Inspection tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications.
- Perform audit/surveillance of all manufacturing and quality assurance processes, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Perform Quality functions such as: Customer/FAA Coordination, Configuration Change Verification, Conformity Inspections, Airworthiness Inspections (including Pre-flight and Post-flights), Corrective Action and Investigations.
- Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications.
- DEFINITION OF TERM: Maintenance* means inspection, overhaul, repair, preservation, and the initial installation and/or replacement of parts.
- Preventive maintenance** means simple or minor preservation operations and the replacement of small standard parts not involving complex assembly operations.
- Alterations*** means modifications that permanently or temporarily change an airplane from its original design configuration Associated Duties and Responsibilities: Use technical specifications, sketches, manuals, drawings, engineering instructions and FAA forms and publications to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintains Company and FAA required records and inspection forms.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Plan and organize the sequence of your own work package in such a way as to promote safe, efficient operation and meet predetermined schedules in a timely manner.
- Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned tasks. Including but not limited to Company WEB based systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Interpret and perform to the requirements of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and other approved/accepted data.
- Apply applicable mathematical calculations to setup and use precision measuring tools, to measure gaps, heights, angles, hole diameters and depths.
- Make production aids to facilitate work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- As assigned, exchange information with suppliers, customers or other company representatives to explain or demonstrate operations, tests or difficulties.
- Physical requirements: work demands moderate to strenuous effort, must be able to frequently lift items ranging from 20 to 50 pounds, must have the ability to stand for frequent periods of time, and must be able to perform tasks that require frequent climbing, crawling, kneeling, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing and other related activities.
This is a union represented position
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to complete Fall Protection
- Capable of working overtime
- Capable of working any shift
- Able to travel domestically
- Experience in aircraft, avionics, flight controls, and/or other electronics
- 3plus years of Electrical and/or Avionics Mechanic experience do you have working with various electrical components for military aircraft
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- safety and security
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.