- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Position: AVP & Actuary, Strategic Initiatives & Business Development
Job Location: 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY
Department: The RIS business (Retirement Income Solutions), one of the largest U.S. segments in MetLife, offers a wide variety of products including pension risk transfer products, GIC/Funding agreements, stable value products, structured settlements, Institutional Income Annuities and PRB & SBR products.
The Role: Reporting to the Head of Strategic Initiatives & Business Development, the AVP role was recently created to accelerate profitable growth and optimize shareholder value across Retirement Income Solutions (RIS).
The successful candidate will be highly visible within the organization and will lead a small team to perform financial analysis and modeling for new business solutions, improvements on product design & pricing methodology, and optimization of capital, risk & return for inforce or new business in alignment with MetLife’s enterprise strategy.
- Lead financial modeling of ALM, liability reserves and various capital frameworks for RIS strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with the head of the market intelligence team to provide insights on the market and competitive landscape
- Lead efforts to enhance existing product design and pricing methodology to improve competitiveness, and identify opportunities to reduce risk and improve financials for RIS businesses
- Communicate results to business partners and senior management
- Provide leadership in internal and external reinsurance initiatives
- Reports to: VP Strategic Initiatives & Business Development
- Direct reports/team: One direct report
- Key Stakeholders: Product heads, investments, finance, risk, legal, and other corporate functions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, or related discipline
- FSA, ASA or CFA with 10+ years of insurance industry experience and comprehensive business knowledge
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and coach / develop talent
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly-matrixed environment
- Strong knowledge of Statutory, US GAAP, and capital frameworks
- Strong knowledge of retirement products
- Strong knowledge of investments and ALM
- Expertise in the global reinsurance market
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with more than $587.7 billion in combined managed assets as of September 31, 2018. We are ranked #43 on the Fortune 500 list for 2018. In 2018, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the third year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
Our goal in everything we do is to offer customers truly differentiated value propositions that allow us to establish clear competitive advantages. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate life’s twists and turns. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.