- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AVP - COO Barclaycard US - 90213628
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
AVP COO Barclaycard US
100 South West Street Wilmington, DE19801, USA
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Barclays Internal Audit
Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Vision:
Leaders in Assurance
Be Brilliant: Leading edge assurance; Leading edge people; Leading edge thinking
Be Impactful: In the business; In the community and In the profession
Be Agile: Be independent, a respected voice, innovative and efficient.
BIA aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall Purpose of role
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
· Support the Vice President in scoping the audit where necessary.
· Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
· Complete testing.
· Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
· Update the Vice President and audit team with progress and observations.
· Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the report.
· Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
· Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
· Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all BIA colleagues
· Build a respected and independent relationship with external colleagues and stakeholders
· Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with clients/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
· Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
· Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments.
· Act as buddy to less experienced team members and support others to develop.
· Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and stakeholders in the business as appropriate with an independent mind set. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you.
· Treat all colleagues fairly, regardless of background or
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.