- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Mateo
AVP, Equity Linked Hybrid Solutions - 90228020
Primary Location:US-CA-San Mateo
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
AVP, Equity Linked Hybrid Solutions
Menlo Park, CA
The team is seeking a highly motivated candidate with two or more years of work experience in convertibles and/or equity derivatives for an Associate/AVP position covering technology and other sectors from Menlo Park. As an AVP, you will play a key role in all aspects of transactions including identifying target clients, coordinating with our investment banking coverage and product partners, preparing pitch presentations for new and existing clients, performing analysis and valuations, understanding and helping prepare documentation for transactions and executing equity linked capital raises. You will have the opportunity to attend client meetings and develop into an originator. You may also have the opportunity to other equity transactions in the technology sector including IPOs, secondaries, and block trades.
What will you be doing?
· You will manage multiple projects working with teams across investment banking, legal and trading.
· You will develop a strong grounding in accounting, finance, and the capital markets.
· You will master the appropriate analytical techniques and computer models, which includes derivative/convertible valuation, bond math and accounting models.
· You will manage the expectations of more senior bankers on the team, keeping them informed of progress and potential conflicts.
· You will assist and ultimately manage the execution process of flow derivative transactions (including bids).
· You will locate and effectively use the Firm’s resources, coordinating efficiently with investment banking coverage, product, trading, and legal partners.
· You will take ownership of projects but also know when to ask for help.
· You will monitor market moving news and help translate that information into revenue opportunities.
· You will work cooperatively with others at all levels throughout the Firm and be viewed as a team player.
· You will demonstrate highly ethical behaviour and respect for clients and colleagues.
· You will provide solution-oriented feedback, both during and after projects, to contribute to the smooth functioning of the team.
· You will participate in team meetings within ELHS, ECM, various product groups, and relevant sectors.
· You will form effective relationships with client and internal counterparts.
· You will respond quickly and accurately to client requests.
· You will participate in client meetings and client calls.
· You will participate appropriately and effectively in discussions with clients and senior bankers.
· You will be able to explain your own viewpoints and work product well.
· You will demonstrate a commitment to the goals and initiatives of the team and the Firm, balancing the Firm’s goals with personal objectives.
· You will recognize that recruiting, training, and participation on task forces are part of your responsibility and enthusiastically get involved in these activities.
What we’re looking for:
• Undergraduate degree
• You have strong written and oral communication skills, speaking articulately and with confidence.
• You consistently produce high-quality, accurate work in a timely manner.
• You demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• You prioritize tasks and are well-organized.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous educational or work experience with mathematics, statistical analysis, financial analytics, or engineering
• Shows ability to work on multiple assignments and handles pressure well
• Ability to perform in a high intensity and rapid environment similar to a trading floor
• Ability to explain complex concepts to bankers and clients
Where will you be working?
Our Menlo Park office is located at 155 Linfield Drive. Sitting in the financial heart of Silicon Valley, we are near Stanford, Sand Hill Road, Palo Alto, Woodside and Atherton. We are also one mile from downtown Palo Alto and
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.