- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
AVP, GLG - Americas - 90226909
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
AVP, Global Lending Group Americas
Global Lending Group (GLG) is a Front Office team that forms part of the Banking Group within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Americas. As an AVP in GLG, you will work in close partnership with Coverage, Portfolio Management, Syndicate, Leverage Finance, Risk and Wholesale Lending Operations to structure, negotiate and execute all lending activity across CIB Americas. Lending activity will include all bilateral and syndicated transactions, and will range from event-driven loans (Sponsor transactions, Acquisitions, Mergers, IPOs, and Management buy-outs) to core financings and refinancing, Asset Based Lending and Reserve Based Lending. In addition to working with the internal constituents identified above, GLG will also operate in close partnership with internal Legal and the wider Operations team, who will be accountable at closing for the booking and asset management of the CIB loan portfolio.
What will you be doing?
· You will coordinate with Coverage, Product groups, Risk and Portfolio Management to collate and assemble the integrated Approval memo.
· You will gather data from relevant groups to complete the Approval memo and submit in standardized format to the Deal team ahead of Committee meetings; GLG is accountable for the integrity and overall quality of the memo.
· You will attend internal Committee meetings as well as bank and client meetings when requested and/or as appropriate.
· You will work closely under Sector Head’s leadership to negotiate and comment on commitment letters, term sheets, engagement letters, fee letters (and other early stage documents) to reflect the deal/client requirements consistent with market trends, Firm practices and internal recommendations and approvals.
· You will work closely under Sector Head’s leadership to negotiate with clients and legal counsel to achieve deal terms reflecting agreed structure and approvals for the transactions and actively participating in relevant deal team discussions, including calls and meetings with Coverage, Lev Fin, DCM, Syndicate, Credit, Legal, Loan Operations at relevant milestones.
· You will assist with the execution and process flow of the transaction, including timely escalation of any issues and designing solutions that ensure commercial risks are adequately covered through various protections in the loan documentation.
· You will work closely under Sector Head’s leadership to negotiate with Borrowers, Investors, Credit Risk and Legal Counsel in connection with amendments and modifications to loan transactions; interpreting and reviewing these changes in partnership with Legal Counsel.
· You will manage the deal flow pipeline within the Industry Sector and leading the interaction with Loan Operations to provide appropriate handover for booking and monitoring purposes.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of experience in corporate banking, investment banking, portfolio management and/or credit risk.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, with a willingness to work across multiple transactions toward tight deadlines with demanding and complex institutional clients.
· Team player with a strong work ethic, “can do” attitude and high intellectual curiosity.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Series 79 & 63.
· Experience in the lending process and ability to network effectively both internally and externally, and maintain/develop relationships with stakeholders. Developing influence and negotiation skills.
· Ability to work with some independency and take full ownership of defined tasks assigned by Sector Heads with respect to the execution of transactions.
· Experience in reading, interpreting and understanding credit agreements, interacting with legal counsel and/or agent banks.
· Takes ownership of problems and drives solutions, with Very high level of initiative and self-motivation, driven by desire to exceed expectations.
· Keen risk awareness, ability
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.