- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Position: AVP, Global Brand Strategy
Job Location: New York, NY
Global Brand & Marketing:
The MetLife Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) team has been evolving in line with MetLife’s transformation to a company that delivers greater value for our customers, employees and shareholders, Today, GBM is a strategic, customer-focused marketing practice that is dedicated to driving business impact across the globe. With a focus on customer led value propositions, relevant customer engagement and fostering a purpose driven brand, the team is committed to enhancing MetLife’s relationship with its customers and helping them navigate life’s twists and turns. GBM has 450+ employees in global, regional and local roles.
Global Marketing Strategy & Sciences:
This role sits within the newly established Global Marketing Strategy & Sciences function. This group has overall responsibility for identifying insights to define customer, channel and portfolio strategies to better anticipate and deliver on customer needs and marketing opportunities, while measuring impact and standards. In addition, this team oversees MetLife Brand Strategy and the planning process for Marketing globally. MetLife’s Global Marketing Strategy team is focused on identifying and defining strategies that enable the MetLife brand to anticipate and deliver on customer needs, perceptions and motivations that are critical to driving stronger customer relationships that contribute to growth. Our approach to strategy focuses on combining deep customer insights (and analytics) with a pragmatic, operationally-focused approach to problem-solving.
The AVP, Global Brand Strategy, will partner with and provide expert counsel to business unit leaders and their teams to both develop and execute brand and marketing strategies for MetLife that create measurable impact. Reporting to the VP of Global Brand Strategy, this leader will operate within a Center of Excellence model, delivering brand and marketing strategy expertise and services to business and functional internal clients across MetLife’s 30 markets.
Marketing sits at the heart of MetLife’s enterprise strategy - The "drive towards customer centricity and a global brand" is one of the four cornerstones of this strategy and a key lever to support MetLife’s desire to be the most sought after insurance company for customers.
Our mandate is to build off a strong foundation to lead a marketing transformation, including restaging the MetLife global brand to reflect the company’s noble purpose across its interactions with stakeholders. There is a need to create clear marketing strategies and capabilities based on customer insights and segmentation and a huge opportunity to improve customer experience through better design and integration of products, channels and touch points – both online and offline. Below the line marketing activities that are based on addressing specific customer needs have been less well developed. There is also a burgeoning opportunity to bring MetLife’s portfolio of product offerings to a new consumer universe through digital and social media. The AVP, Global Brand Strategy, will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to evolving the role of marketing from an effective support function to an inspired, dynamic force and one that will drive strategic consumer-led growth. He or she will operate as a corporate brand strategist focused on defining, driving understanding of, and helping activate our global brand both from the center of the organization, as well as in direct partnership with Regional CMOs and global/local business leaders.
- Serve as a primary brand expert within the organization to help elevate MetLife’s purpose and promise at both the global and local levels
- Develop intimate understanding of our business and apply brand strategy principles to help evolve MetLife from a primarily sold (push model) brand to a customer ‘sought and bought’ (pull model) brand
- Drive new marketing initiatives resulting in clear business impact
- Build, inspire, lead, and develop internal resources who serve as the company's brain trust regarding all brand strategy decisions, topics, and questions
- Develop strategic frameworks, best practices, and methodologies for stakeholders to embrace and activate brand strategies globally, regionally, and locally in key markets
- Lead or support internal client engagements that include:
o Developing positioning/value propositions for prioritized initiatives and businesses
o Architecting brand portfolio strategies across multiple business line
o Using the MetLife brand to help define/transform differentiated customer experiences
- Collaborate with and engage stakeholders in cross-enterprise virtual teams comprised of (but not limited to) Marketing, Enterprise Strategy, Business Units, and vendor/agency stakeholders
- Define information needs, fact finding, and da