- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AVP, Technical Professional, A&D - 90224318
Posting Range:27 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
AVP, Technical Professional, A&D
As an AVP, you will provide engineering / geosciences analysis in support of the natural resources investment banking platform, including mergers & acquisitions of oil & gas companies and/or transactions involving the acquisition & divestiture of oil & gas properties, and capital issuances in the debt and equity markets. You will work with a highly motivated team of A&D, M&A, and Investment Bankers in a fast paced environment. While there is a strong team environment, you will work with minimal supervision, so attention to detail is critical, creativity is greatly encouraged, and geosciences traits highly desired.
What will you be doing?
• You will work with senior engineers and geologists to research oil and gas basins and emerging plays in North America and globally.
• You will use Aries and PhDWin to derive petroleum economics analysis.
• You will apply your experience working in reserves databases and multi-variate analysis, as well as data management & data gathering skills including acquiring data from public data sources and scrubbing filings.
• In addition to using Access, SQL, Excel & PowerPoint, you will utilize Tableau and Spotfire to be more efficient in supplying requested data and related analysis.
• You will review oil & gas marketing contracts, gas plant statements, pricing, and differentials scenarios and transportation costs to support the valuation of oil & gas properties.
• You will evaluate oil & gas properties using reserve estimation tools, in compliance with reserve definitions from the SEC and other international guidelines.
• You will apply your knowledge of field development planning and optimization, using production and cost forecasting methods, data integration, and deriving conclusions from work performed.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3+ years of related experience
• Good understanding of oil and gas concepts relating to engineering database architecture and management
• Discretion and professionalism dealing with confidential matters
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Robust presentation skills and effective communication
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Flexibility and willingness to work overtime as required
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to efficiently set priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Working understanding of multiple US Lower 48 O&G basins
• Experience on geosciences and evaluation of oil & gas properties in North America will be considered a plus
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Houston Office at 1301 McKinney Street in vibrant downtown Houston. This 51 floor office tower with sweeping city views is adjacent to The Shops at Houston Center, which includes a fitness center and three levels of fashion, dining, and services, with connection to downtown’s extensive sky bridge and tunnel system. A short walk will take you to Discovery Green, George R. Brown Convention Center, Toyota Center and Minute Maid Stadium. The building is easily accessible to parking and public transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.