- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
AVP, Technology, Media & Telecommunications DCM - 90227294
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:21 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
AVP, Technology, Media & Telecommunications DCM
An AVP in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications Debt Capital Markets (“TMT DCM”) is responsible for aiding the team in maintaining capital markets relationships across our TMT account base, as well as executing bond, loan and derivative transactions. This individual will manage and structure acquisition financing and advise on ratings strategies, efficient capital structure and optimizing debt portfolios in partnership with Global Capital Markets, Fixed Income Syndicate and Investment Banking and Corporate Banking.
What will you be doing?
· You will support the team’s efforts to build and maintain client dialogue and relationships through continuous engagement.
· You will create effective client communications and ability synthesize market information quickly.
· You will coordinate and execute live transactions across the spectrum of senior debt, hybrids and preferred stock, in both domestic and foreign currency markets.
· You will prepare tailored and commercially effective pitchbooks, analyses, and weekly and ad-hoc materials.
· You will design and deliver strategic and event-driven financing solutions (including in the context of spins / splits / IPOs / acquisitions / divestitures).
· You will be highly knowledgeable / well-versed in corporate finance, global market drivers and trends, trading dynamics and investor preferences.
· You will coordinate and own internal and external project management.
· You will take an active role in recruiting and training new talent and supporting Firm initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Bloomberg
· 3+ years of prior Debt Capital Markets or Fixed Income experience desired
· Passion for client relationships and excellent communication skills
· Strong understanding of market drives and ability to relay key themes / insights to our clients
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Experience managing client relationships in day-to-day coverage, provide investment banking advisory services and prepare client presentations.
· Strong understanding of corporate finance and financial disclosures, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize information quickly
· Prior experience with researching rating agency reports to analyse potential ratings strategies / outcomes along with methodology nuances at each agency
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.