- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Scalable Path is looking for a Backend Developer for Real-Time Collaboration App to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is making a platform for real-time collaboration. Imagine Zoom but with an improved user experience and additional features.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for "owning" the backend development of this highly complex real-time application. You will be responsible for:
- Making important architectural decisions about the application, hosting, system design, etc.
- Setting up hosting on AWS or other top-notch provider
- Selecting a backend code framework
- Designing a GraphQL API for the frontend React app to consume
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs like Twilio
- Collaborating with the Founder and Frontend Developer
The small team is currently using a Kanban board inside Quip for task tracking and Github for the code repository. The founder is acting as the project manager and will be providing high-level guidance, but you will be expected to ask questions and work independently at times to suggest and implement solutions. Although not absolutely required, a candidate who can also implement frontend features using HTML/CSS/REACT is preferred.
A small subset of the features you'll be implementing on the backend are:
- Video/Voice conferencing
- File sharing
- Desktop Sharing
Overall, the client is looking for a capable developer who can be relied upon to build the backend of the application in a scalable way. This application has a complex and challenging feature-set, and because it is unlikely that a single individual has experience with all of the necessary technologies, it's important that you are a fast learner are able to research and get up-to-speed quickly with new skills.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be working with the Founder and a front end developer who has already been going for a couple of weeks. The client is in the America/New York (-04:00) EDT time zone.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Ability to set up hosting for the application
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with the Twilio API
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
3-6 months or more
About the company