- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. The food and beverage team works together to provide the guest a fresh, full, and food safe shopping experience all day, every day.
ALL ABOUT FOOD & BEVERAGE
The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Baker can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture in food
• Ability to prepare quality products in the Bakery
• Experience in monitoring sales of products and adjusting production to drive efficiency, profitability and minimize waste
As a Baker, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Deliver an exceptional guest experience, providing a fresh and abundant shopping experience during all hours of operations, prioritizing the guest’s needs over task.
• Uphold and maintain the execution of the Food and Beverage Standards.
• Understand how operational procedures impact shortage and profitability.
• Produce items to specifications on production cards and follow specific department routines to drive sales, instocks, and profitability.
• Follow proper packaging and labeling guidelines for food products.
• Follow all food safety requirements as outlined through best practice.
• Locate and identify damaged, recalled or expired items and process according to best practice.
• Meet all up- and ready times and follow presentation minimums.
• Execute sampling best practices.
• Follow proper perishable inventory procedures to ensure an accurate recording of inventory.
• Provide a friendly and efficient checkout experience; tailor your interaction to guest needs (if applicable).
• Properly handle environmentally sensitive items when breaks and spills occur.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Appropriately use and care for in-store and personal protective equipment; follow equipment control guidelines.
• Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
• Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
• You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Baker. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• Previous baking experience preferred, but not required
• Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work both independently and with a team
• Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
• Attention to detail and follow multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
About the company
Target Corporation (NYSE TGT) is an upscale discount retailer that provides high-quality, on-trend merchandise at attractive prices in clean, spacious and guest-friendly stores.